ページID: 3526

I am going to move into Tsukuba City. What procedures should I go through?

Please look at the checklist.

Checklist for Moving in (PDF 58.2KB)

I am going to move out of Tsukuba City (and leave Japan). What procedures should I go through?

Please look at the checklist.

Checklist for Moving out (PDF 116.1KB)

I am going to move within Tsukuba City. What procedures should I go through?

Please look at the checklist.

Checklist for Change of address (PDF 133.6KB)

When I leave the country, what should I do with the tax payment ?

National health insurance tax will be recalculated to pay by month, so please come to the City Hall and confirm.
Other taxes which the payment slips have been sent to you at the point must be paid before leaving Japan.
There are cases when you need to pay tax after you leave Japan depending on the departure date. Please confirm at the City Hall.

I was told to pay tax after leaving the country. What procedures should I go through?

Before leaving Japan, go through one of the following procedures.

  1. Take procedures to decide the Tax Agent.
  2. Leave one of the bank accounts open in Japan, and take procedures to bank transfer the tax.
  3. Pay all the scheduled tax before leaving Japan.

I want to use the sports facilities!!

You can make reservations via internet.

Bicycle Rental

Where to Rent a Bicycle

  • Tsukuba City Tourist Information Center, Bivi, 1st Floor, (Tsukuba Station Bus Terminal)
  • Tsukuba-san-guchi Bus Stop of Tsuku-Bus North Shuttle
  • Rental Fees Adult: 500 yen/day
  • Child (primary school children and under): 250 yen/day

What is Tsuku-bus/Tsuku-taku?

Bus "Tsuku-bus" and Taxi "Tsuku-taku" that runs within Tsukuba City

I want to drive a car!!

You need a driver's license which allows you to drive in Japan. There are 3 options.

  • Obtain a International driver's license
  • Obtain a Japanese license on the basis of the driver's license of your home country
  • Obtain a Japanese driver's license

Transferring a driver’s license (Ibaraki prefectural police)(外部リンク)

I want to engage in volunteer activities!!

Register as a volunteer! You may find activities taking advantage of your language skill!

Tsukuba International Association(外部リンク)

What should I do for doctors/hospitals on Sundays/holidays?

You can search for doctors/hospitals open on Sundays/holidays.

I want to work!!

Please consult at Hello Work.

Hello Work Tsuchiura

029-822-5124 → 31#

I need consultation in foreign languages!

There are consultation centers.

I want to learn Japanese!!

Join the Japanese Class.

I want to go through procedures for VISA (residency). Where is the nearest immigration bureau?

Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau

5-5-30 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Telephone: 03-5796-7111
Take the bus bound for "Shinagawa futo junkan" or "Tokyo Nyukoku Kanrikyoku Orikaeshi" from JR Shinagawa station Konan Exit. Get off the bus at "Tokyo Nyukoku Kanrikyoku Mae (In front of Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau)"

Mito Branch Office (Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau)

Mito Legal Affairs Joint Government Bldg. 1F, 1-1 Kitamicho, Mito City, Ibaraki Prefecture


Global City Promotion Division

1-1-1 Kenkyu-Gakuen, Tsukuba 305-8555

Phone: +81-29-883-1111 Fax: +81-29-828-6204

Contact us